Saturday, November 15, 2014

Finalist for the 2014 Governor General's Awards

This year Renata was nominated for Canada's prestigious Governor General's Award for Literature for her illustrations in Once Upon a Memory written by Nina Laden. http://ggbooks.ca


This is her third time as a finalist for the award, The Quiet Book and Red Wagon have been nominated previously, but it is no less exciting and humbling to be selected amongst all the amazing picture books made by Canadians. Such as the other wonderful finalist including Marie-Louise Gay for Any Questions? written by Marie-Louise Gay and published by Groundwood Books/House of Anansi Press, Qin Leng for Hana Hashimoto, Sixth Violin, written by Chieri Uegaki and published by Kids Can Press, Julie Morstad for Julia, Child, written by Kyo Maclear and published by Tundra Books, and Jillian Tamaki for This One Summer, written by Mariko Tamaki and published by Groundwood Books/House of Anansi Press.

Interestingly three of the finalists, Renata, Jillian Tamaki, and Julie Morstad are graduates of the same alma mater, The Alberta College of Art and Design. The winner will be announced in a few days!









1 comment:

Hi, I'm Joyce said...

hi, I am a Taiwanese girl, and my English are not good.
I just want to tell you, your Once Upon a Memory is so good, (by the way I's read by chinese)
when I was readed I remember anythings I was forgot. I forgot my childhood was very happy, and it is so nice.

I have saw your another book This way and that way in the book story, I will take time to read . And I think I am be your little fan now.

Have a good day.
Joyce