Thursday, May 26, 2011

Communication Arts


The Loud Book! and Red Wagon were both included in this years Communication Arts Illustration Annual! For this image, "CANDY WRAPPER LOUD", I was inspired by listening to old detective stories on internet radio while I worked. Also, as with most of my work I used my own experiences and memories, I remember being in old movie theatres and how it feels.

Here is a link from a post on Uppercase:
http://www.uppercasegallery.ca/uppercase-journal/2011/5/24/worklife-2-communication-arts-coverage.html

6 comments:

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

That's my favorite image from the book. It's perfect.

Anonymous said...

Very cute!!! I really like both of the books! They are not just for little ones,but for all of us!!! ^____^

Shirley said...

Super duper congratulations! Your work is fabulous. What a great illustration - the lighting and emotion is perfect!

June said...

I feel the glare of that disapproving look! I promise not to make a noise....

Baronowa Bajroz said...

love it.

Renata said...

Thank you all!!!!!