Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Gold Medal from The Society of Illustrators

I was in New York last week to accept a medal from The Original Art, an annual children's book exhibition at The Society of Illustrators. It was so exciting! I never did sports or such as a kid so this is the first time I have ever won a medal.

The opening was lovely - I met many great illustrators, editors, art directors, and old friends. My only regret was that I didn't talk to Eric Carle, he was there to accept a lifetime achievement award but somehow I missed him before he left!

I went back later to see the show and it is truly wonderful! If you are in New York I highly recommend visiting the gallery, it is amazing to see the original artwork in person! (and they have the books too)

"The Original Art", an exhibit celebrating the fine art of children's book illustration, is on display at the Museum of American Illustration at the Society of Illustrators from October 20 through November 24, 2010.

http://www.societyillustrators.org/At-the-Museum/2010/2010-Original-Art/2010-Original-Art.aspx

8 comments:

Alicia Padrón said...

Look at you Renata! Oh how exciting that must be! A very well deserved award. Your work is truly amazing..
Congratulations! :o)

Aleksandra Chabros (aka Adelaida) said...

Gratuluje! :) To musi być niesamowite uczucie!

Ben Clanton said...

Congrats! Well deserved! I wish I could go to the exhibit.

Lauren Castillo said...

Great meeting you at the Society last week, Renata! And congratulations on the Gold award--It's such a beautiful book! Happy Drawing to you :)
Lauren

Z-Kids said...

So happy for your win! Fantastic!
-AZ

Renata said...

Thank you all!

Pani Zorro said...

Congratulations! = Gratulacje! :)

Paulina Zaborek/ Poczytaj dziecku said...

Serdeczne gratulacje!