Saturday, April 24, 2010

I can't keep quiet about this!


Number 5 on The New York Times bestseller list!

It's unbelievable, something that happens to other artists.

You would think that illustrating a book is a solitary pursuit, but it's thanks to a whole lot of people.

Thanks to Deborah for words full of imagination.
Thanks to everybody at Houghton Mifflin Harcourt who made it possible.
Thanks to the booksellers for supporting it.
Thanks to all the bloggers and such who have posted about it.
And a super big thanks to all the readers who made it a NY Times Bestseller!

Oh, and I can't forget my family and friends, Thanks to you most of all!

9 comments:

LAUREN TAMAKI said...

Congratulations! Hard work is rewarded! Beautiful beautiful stuff.

Deborah Underwood said...

Thanks to YOU, Renata, for turning my words into magic! You are brilliant, and I am so thrilled that we're on this journey together. I am pinching myself to make sure I'm not dreaming!

Jacqueline Hudon-Verrelli said...

Congratulations, Renata. Your books are so beautiful - you deserve it :)

Rozzie said...

Congratulations Renata!! you have great style and you were the perfect artist for this book!

Cristiana C. said...

Hello Renata, my warmest congratulations for this, this must be so satisfactory!!! And, you certainly already know about this other post at P.B.Junkies: http://pbjunkies.blogspot.com/2010/04/quiet-book.html

A presto and BRAVA!!!!
Cris

migue said...

you know how to draw pandas much better than me! :D

Renata said...

Thank you too!

Tali said...

saw your work on Drawn!
Love your illustrations, they're so sweet and delicate :)
congrats on the success of your book.

pussman and co said...

congratulations!!
You diserve it!!
I love your sweet work!